Monday, January 12, 2009

Golden Globes Fashion Reaction

The part of any awards show I'm always anxious to see is the red carpet. This year at the 2009 Golden Globes was no exception.

Overall, everyone looked good. I felt that a lot of people played it on the safer side, though.

The big trends I saw was a numeral-beige/silver color, chunky necklaces/big earrings, and a lot of strapless, full-length gowns.

Heidi Klum was one of the few exceptions to the full-length trend I saw, although her dress could've done without the huge flower that looked like she plucked it from one of the red carpet floral arrangements and pinned it to her waist.



Dior made multiple appearances, with five different actresses sporting the designer's gowns, including Eva Mendez, Demi Moore, Drew Barrymore, Salma Hayek, and Sandra Bullock.

One of my favorites for the night was Kate Beckinsale, following the neutral trend, but the detail at the top of the bodice is what really made it stand out to me from all the others.

Who were your picks for the hits & misses on the red carpet, and what trends do you expect to see on Oscar night?

--
Missa

No comments:

Post a Comment